Help clean up our neighbourhood! We will be cleaning Frank Ryan Park, Elmhurst Park, Connaught Park and the surrounding area. We will also have the “City Stream Watch” cleaning up Pinecrest Creek (more information below).
Saturday, April 29, 2017 (Rain date April 30)
(1) Meet at Frank Ryan Field House to clean the neighbourhood and parks or;
(2) Meet at Connaught Park to clean up the Pinecrest Creek.
9am – noon
Additional Information to keep QTN clean!
- How to dispose of Hazardous Waste and Special Items (City of Ottawa)
- Economic and Environmental Impacts of Cigarette Butt Litter
City Stream Watch: In 2017 the City Stream Watch Program (under the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority) plans to sample Beckets, Pinecrest and Stevens Creeks. The 2017 sampling season will focus on stream assessment, fish community sampling and will also include cleanup, planting, sampling/identification sessions and invasive species removal. For more updates on the program and how to get involved or contact the Program Coordinator:
- Justin Robert, Acting City Stream Watch Coordinator
- 613-692-3571 ext. 1194
- 2011 Pinecrest Creek Report (PDF)
- Strategic Plan 2016-2020 (PDF), QTN is part of the Rideau Valley Watershed